The Oracle Exadata plug-in provides a consolidated view of the Exadata Database Machine within Oracle Enterprise Manager, including a consolidated view of all the hardware components and their physical location with indications of status. Oracle recently released the latest version of Exadata plug-in 188.8.131.52.0 which include verity of new features and bug fixes. But the feature which caught my attention was that it supports additional patching features for Exadata entire stack. Exadata plug-in 184.108.40.206.0 support following additional patching features to enhance Exadata patching effort:
– A comprehensive overview of the maintenance status and needs.
– Proactive patch recommendations for the quarterly full stack patches.
– Supports auto patch download, ability to patch either in rolling or non-rolling modes.
– Ability to schedule runs.
– Proactive notification of the status updates.
– Granular step-level status tracking with real-time updates.
– Log monitoring and aggregation, supporting the quick filing of support issues with pre-packaged log dumps